Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dolla Dolla Bills, ya'll

Tuesday, June 17th
Nothing out of the ordinary today! A happy, productive day of yoga, catching afternoon rays, passing out resumes, securing interviews! I’m trying not to let the fact that we no longer have a kitchen table (and I don’t have a bedroom desk yet) be the excuse for me watching way more Greys Anatomy than sitting up reading and writing, lol but this evening that seems to be the victorious case. Tomorrow the interviews begin! And I am so keen on interviews! Haha, is that weird? I’ve always loved the interview. Here’s hoping Australian interviews are just as keen on me!

Wednesday, June 18th 4:35pm
What a fantastic, sunshiny, glorious, amazing day!!
Today was so productive and energizing and smiley and successful :) I woke up early for Bikram, starting the day with another amazing practice – they are coming so much easier and I am feeling so much more confident in the heat of the poses, it is a pride like no other; one that was worked hard for and earned.

I spent the follow hour in my bikini out in the backyard (in the midst of construction of a brand new house being built, meh). Australia winter? I can definitely get used to this (tan lines after today! And not even mad about it). Shower, cooked zucchini & scrambled eggs for lunch before I set out to my first secured interview! If any of you remember the snap I sent out a week ago when I dropped off my resume, it was of the view from standing inside the café – it is literally right on the sand – there were a bunch of whiney cry-y face emojis because that is how badly I want to work there! This is where my interview was today (https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Kiosk/178478022168024)! They own a couple different cafes and one bar downtown and it seemed to go really well! He said he would just consider where I might fit best among those locations, & call me to set up a trial shift! So keep your fingers crossed people!

I do also already have a trial shift at a café downtown Friday morning! AND, on my way out today, I got a phone call from a mother looking for me to tutor her daughter in year 9, and they live right down the street! Fantastic. So I will meet with them on Saturday :) Success all-round! Even if I could just secure part-time casual hours at a café & then just work a couple of hours a week tutoring for extra cash, that would be amazing! And! I came into an opportunity at my yoga studio: if I go in to clean for 1.5 hours a week, I get free yoga! Which is the equivalent of a $35/week membership (amazing, I’ll take it), ANDDDD a gym around the corner where I dropped a resume said they could definitely use someone a couple of shifts a week too! That is a lot of free crucial memberships & incoming cash flow, if all works out! Eeeeiiii!

I celebrated by topping up my mobile data (lol) & getting groceries for only the second time since moving here (lol). Only $28 later, I am fully re-stocked. Tonight the celebrations will continue in combination with the girls being done or close to done exams, as well aaas some sympathy rounds for the girls & their nasty ex-landlords making it incredibly difficult for them to secure their next apartment (uhg!). All in all, we’ll make an enjoyable night out of it with $7 fiddy schnitty & the NSW vs Queensland State of Origin rugby match (a massive deal, my roommates are trying to educate me).


I’ll take an evening stroll down to the fresh fruit/veggie market now :)
I hope you have all had LOVELY hump days as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment