Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This is my favourite life, so far

Tuesday, July 8th
The last two days have been fantastic, today especially.

I have gotten into this fabulous little routine of waking up at 8 (even when no alarm is set, even if I’m in bed after midnight, my body wakes me up between 7:50-7:58 every single day), getting caught up on the social media I missed from back home while I slept (snapchats, emails, all things bestfriends & Baby Bo!), making a parfait, breakfast dessert of apples and pb while I continue my literary journey through Buddhism for Beginners or watch an ep of Greys (depending on how awake my brain is already). Around 10am you will always always find me out on my patio, just 8tracks-ing the newest country music that I am also missing desperately from back home!

Two hours later I’ll get out of the house. Yesterday I wandered down to the beach to Mango to get paid (a happy pay day! A handful of hundos for just a 15 hour work week!) and then I jogged around the North Shore Harbour … myyyy goodness. I can’t put these views into words. And that is why today’s jog, even though I absolutely hate running with it, I took my phone because I simply had to share that trail with my bests back home. A trail not at all made for running; just rocky terrain around the north Gong lighthouse & marina. Christ it is breathtaking with the late afternoon sun. And secluded! Unless there are real people on those sail boats.. in which case they get a nice little yoga & inversion show as I’ve come to realize I will stop & drop absolutely anywhere, on any surface (this trail isn’t even gravel, it’s covered in small, sharp stones, lol) and stand on my head. I use the bordering boulders for body weight exercises & aid for pushing my yoga poses even further (my dancer’s pose is getting closer & closer to a standing splits!).



Today at noon I left the house to meet Aaron at his van on North Beach. Lol, his van where his surf school office is based out of! (http://www.pinessurfingacademy.com.au/sup-lessons/) Yep!! I registered for surf school (monkey giggle emoji!!) And I could not be more excited – even before Aaron mentioned (as we got to know each other a little bit more) that they were looking to replace their paddleboard yoga instructor as she has just given her notice for pregnancy leave! It would just be an easy certification! Could you imagine? Haha, if I got that gig I could probably guarantee you right then and there I would never return home. But first things first: a paddleboard lesson, haha. Tomorrow 8am :):):)

Afterwards I ran to my same spot around the marina, snapped some pics before my phone died, deeply inhaled that view of those boats, and then jogged back down to north beach for more bending and stretching and balancing and standing on my head in the surf. Even a spontaneous little dip in the ocean (more of a massive wave that came crashing over my standing scorpion, haha but I embraced it).

If there is one thing you learn quickly it’s that you won’t survive in Australia if you are one of those people that can’t stand sand. But I mean like sand everywhere. I guess you could live in Sydney or another big city, but I didn’t realize how much I love sand everywhere! The more places I find it, the happier I am reminded about the reality of my beach life! Lol, that sounds silly I know. But I am not that person who gets stressed out when I drop my iPhone 5 in a dune because I was trying to timer shot a perfect pose, or when it gets in my earphones (and then into my ears lol), or when I can feel it settling down into my shorts, from the salty water that has rushed over me waist-deep. It is a permanent scalp scrub, from headstands; it is now embedded into the very fabrics of my running shoes and my sports bras; it is in the corners of my eyes from when the ocean wind tests my strength and balance while I’m upside down. There is nothing I love more than the scratchy feeling of the sand in my socks, in between my toes, as I’ve put my runners back on to sprint home. And I have this weird nagging feeling that that was the kind of thing that could have really irritate me at one point in my life, though I can’t for the life of me figure out why. Regardless, that feeling has me even more grateful for who I am now, for how I feel now, for what this world gave me today <3

And then it is home to shower, make green tea with fresh lemon, reflect, relax. I am in love with my fabulous little routine.


Evenings vary, whether I am called into work (like last night), or scheduled for work (like all weekend), or I’ll jog over to do a Bikram class after catching the sunset around 5 (like tonight), or I’ll go for dinner with a new friend (like tomorrow), or drinks with a group of friends (like Thursday!). 
:) It is allllll good, all so, so good. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been catching up on your blogs and following you through your instagram and I just wanted to say you are so awesome! I love reading your posts because your positive attitude just radiates in your words! I am actually about to move to Australia from the states in a month and a half and would love to shoot some questions at ya! My email is abby_born@yahoo.com if you have some free time to chat!! If not keep on keeping on girly, your posts make me so happy for you and even more excited for my own journey over there!

    ReplyDelete