Wednesday, November 12, 2014

4:57am; writing drunk & smiling like an idiot...

He likes to tell a ‘story with a groove,’ … something that ‘people can boogie to.’

And that’s the hook, whether he’ll ever know it or not, that’s what did it for me. That’s how he describes writing songs; not so unrealistic, not so literarily significant, but common and relatable and simple enough for any proper-worthy person to appreciate.

And maybe I’ll regret this, because maybe it’s too honest. But, when the heck has that stopped me in the past? And even more so now, what the heck is stopping me today? Tonight; this week, this nothing of a week that simply reminded me where I was and who I was and who I was not and who I was not with.

This guy is a great guy, and more so, he was great enough to inspire me to sit down, at 3:17am, and write about how great the night was. It had everything: my best Aussie mate, my fav suto-Aussie-ex-roomies-loves-of-my-life, it had cheap tequila, even cheaper beer, great live music, even better live conversation, it had objections, and potential for fall-throughs… but ultimately it had me, and it had him, and he made that feel like absolutely all that existed in this beautiful little world, and that was nothing awful.

In fact, it was something else.

We simply instigated human experience, and human curiosity, and we learned from completely different perspectives and upbringings and viewpoints. And perhaps I am just inwardly curious, unabashedly so, and maybe I just wanted to prove all of my roommates and my best local mates wrong, when each of them stated their own long-standing plea to be wonderful to this ‘local legend’ (more specifically so: not to “ruin him!”) … But either way… I did not. And he did not ruin me or my night (even when my entire clutch wallet was stolen, lol..) or my belief in something real and good existing again. It was great – it was more than great! It was exactly how it should be.

And turns out, that’s just it folks:

It should be great. Even if you never see the lad again, it should still be wonderful and hilarious and imaginative and boundary-pushing. You’ll never not deserve that guy to be giving his all, and to be honest, you should never not meet a guy who is willing to give that which is deserved.

You may not think it possible, you may view your ‘fish in the sea’ scenario as quite scarce, but then, out of the blue, something will surprise you. And something will continually catch you off guard, and though you have to wake up in two and a half HOURS to operate for 10 hours of work….


You’re still sitting around, nearly 4am, eating day-old fridge pizza, smiling like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment