Saturday, November 15, 2014

Winds of Change


And in the exact moment that I’m sitting down to write about a very familiar feeling creeping through me – a few crafty paragraphs on my most reoccurring theme – my phone rings.

I have been feeling this past week that it is time for a change. A real change. Not just the change in the new restaurant job I’ve been working, or the changes I've felt from the new boy I've been dating; a real, big change. I don’t know if it’s the slow transitioning seasons here down under, the inconsistency between 30+ sunny heat & cyclonic wind storms, but I have been feeling restless. It was such a perfect first month of the girls being here. We had some of the best times; it was new and exciting and fresh. But now they have moved into their own homes and started their own jobs and their own relationships and while it’s so nice seeing them come into their own little Aussie lives as I did nearly half a year ago… it also leaves me feeling like it’s time for my own transition, my own move, my own change.

Naturally, I consider planning my next escape, but those adventure ideas are halted by the fact that I really don't have that much time left here to even be planning such, not before I'll have to take off for my farm work pretty soon in the new year anyway...

And then my phone rings, and those details are confirmed, and 'all you have to do is find the date with the cheapest flight and let me know when to pick you up!' ... And it occurs to me, the perfect timing of this marvelous little world of mine, those 88 days WILL be my next adventure. And Tom at Eco Beach says I can start them absolutely whenever I want to. I could be on a plane next week, or I could hang ten for this Uni summer season, spend Christmas with my new loved ones down under, ring in the New Year and each new opportunity to come with some of my most special, and then hit the road to Broome once my apartment lease is up in January.

I still feel restless, even knowing that this adventure awaits. Even knowing that this adventure will be my absolute most challenging to date. Knowing that that will also make it one of the most exciting and inspirational. But for the next two months (almost exactly to the date), I will have so many incredible moments, so many wonderful experiences and exciting opportunities: Next week marks the official conclusion of the Uni year (so Weds/Thurs will be absolutely insane, to say the least). I already have another old friend coming into town straight from Canada next weekend for a visit, and a 4-day camping trip planned just following. Then it will be December and that means surfing and beach days and the largest pub crawl in the southern hemisphere (!!). Christmas – New Years – 2015 arrives – Recoup/recover/reorganize – and boom! It’ll be time to jet.  



Then again… a quick rip to Bali or Fiji in the next few weeks might not be the worrrssst thiiiing….

No comments:

Post a Comment