Sunday, November 30, 2014

The final month of my favourite year...

November 30th
A quiet, rainy Sunday.

In my months here I have kept paper calendars on my desk. Single sheets, one month at a time. At first it was to keep all of my yoga classes in order, to track my progress and challenge my previous week’s goal. Then the sheets became my diary to keep all social events in check; the who’s who and what’s where of my Wollongong dating life. And then slowly it became for the purpose of distinguishing between all 4 jobs I held at one time, my work shifts colour-coordinated by company and income.

There is something so poetic and inspiring in these single calendar sheets themselves; the story they tell of my chronological time here. How I spent my days, where I doodled smiley faces, which life events were X-ed out and why… They have all been folded neatly into the back of my Australian scrapbook. A different, but equally valuable form of documenting my adventures here.

But November will be my hardest month to tuck away. Not to write off December (I can’t even pause to accept the fact that tomorrow is December … how!?), but it sure will be hard to top the month that concludes today. I’m sitting here smiling just looking at the days that have come and gone. And while typically I would feel pure excitement with this brand new, fresh December page staring up blankly at me, I can’t help but already feel a little nostalgic.

It all just happened too quickly.
This was the month I wanted to last…

But how could I ever waste a moment here wishing I could change a single thing about it? It might have been my best month, in my best year to date. I could probably even narrow that month down to a handful of days. How many people can identify their exact best days to date? I am so grateful for that. And grateful for the fact that I have had about a bajillion ‘best days’ in my young so-far life. If I ever even thought I had a reason to be sad for a single moment in my life here, I’d hope one of you would help snap me out of that by any means necessary!

It was just such a good month. 
But maybe it simply set the bar for all of my months to come… 

No comments:

Post a Comment