Thursday, November 20, 2014

Everything was radical and nothing sucked

It’s funny how it’s always the days that you wish to remain the most distinct which end up lost in the blur of it all. There are details about the past two weeks that I know I will never fully remember; even a few of the ones that I’m certain left some profound mark on this soul. But then there are the moments that have snuggled themselves (gently, deeply) into the clear confines of my mind, leaving delicate imprints on my memory forever. Those are the ones that remain. That inspire. That send this heart of mine dancing with the birds...


They have just been great days. Road trips and beach days, live music and lunch dates. Fresh fruit markets and OpShop finds. Tour managing an open mic artist ;) getting paid in beach burgers and mountain-top views. My last day of work at the marketing firm wrapped up with truffles & long blacks, securing the best thing that even came out of that job: a fantastic new friendship. I closed that mini professional chapter in my life here with confidence and dignity and firm handshakes and sincere well-wishes. I left the office smiling and then blasted through a fantastic 2 hours at the gym. It already feels so good to have that kind of time for me again.

Plus all of these little nightly adventures and 3am bedtimes are certainly worth quitting my day job for! And maybe sometimes the best things are the ones meant to be shortest-lived. Or at least that’s what we’re telling ourselves out loud under the warm early summer breeze, in those early morning hours, with red wine and $17 tequila laced through each sweet, silvery, uncensored remark; sincere, steadfast. And my thoughts are spinning, treasured, and we’re tracing circles on each others’ hearts. Maybe it’s nothing. These questions we’ve posed to the universe left hanging, enamored, with that thick pre-season air. Moonstruck. Intoxicated. Maybe it’s nothing at all.


But tonight, in these deeply-imprinted moments, every single notion is poetry in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment